Eye care in Gilbert AZ is specific to our area. The weather is cooling down and the wind is blowing. that means it’s allergy season here in the Valley. Don’t suffer through those miserable, itchy eyes, find out how Val Vista Vision can help you with eye care in Gilbert, AZ. Here are five tips for reducing allergy-induced itchy eyes:
- Keep your contacts as clean as possible. That means, along with your regular morning and night time wash, keep a bottle of solution and an extra case with you so that if things get itchy, you can quickly take your contacts out and clean them.
- Keep your hands clean at all times and try to avoid touching your eyes or face. If the inevitable happens and you do have to scratch or rub that itchy nose or those watering eyes, make sure you immediately wash your hands. Keeping your hands clean will keep the allergens from spreading and continuing to aggravate you.
- If you have prescription allergy medicine, make sure you take it according to the doctor’s directions. If you need a non-drowsy, over-the-counter remedy, you can take Claritin (generic name Loratadine) or Zyrtec.
- Keep allergy eye drops handy to calm itchy eyes. Again, make sure to wash your hands before and after you use them.
- Sometimes your eyes just need a break. Make sure you give them a rest and wear your glasses if things get too bad. If you don’t have a pair you love, come in and let us help you find some!
The most important thing to remember is to keep things clean. your hands and your contacts. If it’s been a while since you had an eye exam, come to Val Vista Vision for the best eye care in Gilbert! We can fit you with contacts and help you find frames you love.